Re: [DEHAI] Another note to Shabait - Yes, Again!

From: Berhane Alazar (erigram@comcast.net)
Date: Tue May 12 2009 - 00:11:01 EDT

Sam,

I know sometimes we have criticized you perhaps if it was appropriate to
discuss such issues in mediums like Dehai. But, the more I think about
it the more your comments make sense to me. Personally, I would have
preferred you email Shabait and ask them to correct it. But, as I have
done it many times, they don't even acknowledge receipt of one's
comment. I believe it is common courtesy to acknowledge and perhaps
thank the commentator. Now as to the names of foreign personnel, I can
perfectly understand to "Mispronounce" it, but there should not be any
excuse why it should be "Misspelled" especially when that person's
office has just sent the congratulatory note. It is simply sloppy
journalism at best. Where are the "Proof readers"? Are there any? Isn't
there such a thing as correcting "Erratum" with apology?

Berhane Alazar