[DEHAI] VA Primary Election

From: HABTEAB GABRIEL (habteabg@msn.com)
Date: Sun Jun 07 2009 - 09:05:01 EDT

Virginia Primary Election

Out of three democratic candidates one will win the coming Tuesday June 9, 2009 primary election. The winner will challenge the Republican candidate who did not have any opposition in his party. The three Democratic Candidates are, Brian Moran, Creigh Deeds and Terry McAuliffe.

The only candidate who called us on several occasions and asked for our help is Brian Moran. Brian is a good friend and I met him almost ten years ago. As a delegate he invited me and Solomon Teklu to the Virginia General Assembly and introduced us on record as Eritrean American residents of Virginia.

Brian Moran served as an Arlington County prosecutor before joining the General Assembly. Many who know him say he was a very hard working prosecutor. He later became delegate at the Virginia Assembly for 13 years. For seven years he was democratic caucus chair. He worked very hard to clean up the environment, public education and many issues that are relevant to Virginia residents.
He is married and has two children. His two children go to public school and was called PTA parent and child advocate of the year. He has worked on important legislations and is an advocate of strong public schools in Virginia.

In these difficult and uncertain times we need a strong and very hard working Governor of Virginia. Brian Moran is proven leader who led the fight for the largest investment on education in Virginia and worked very closely with the former governor Mark Warner and current Governor Tim Kaine.

I find him to be a very compelling leader and I am asking all Eritrean Americans to vote for him on Tuesday June 9, 2009.

 <http://www.BrianMoran.com>

HABTEAB GABRIEL