[DEHAI] [dehai-news] (VOA) The United States Seeks to Engage Eritrea

From: aklilu w (akliluw@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 18:07:07 EDT

selamat -
according to the reading of the above subject line article

" I met with the Eritrean ambassador and asked to meet with
President Isaias Afewerki. If he will give me a visa, I will be there."
However, after Carson left his passport with the Eritrean embassy "for
an extended period" he was surprised to find it returned "without a visa
in it."

"If relations are not improved it will not be because we're not trying
to act as a respected partner."

Is there any truth to it  ?  I think this needs to be verified and acted upon.

aklilu