Re: [DEHAI] Check out this "nonviolent script for Iran" written in Washington 6 years ago!

From: Berhan Sium (eretrawi@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 19 2009 - 06:58:36 EDT

Sam,

Thanks for the forward. I thought the YouTube piece was very well put together, in a way that connected the dots -- or linked the digital images, in this case -- to make a strong case for the final conclusion. Yes, the destabilization program against Iran has been afoot for quite sometime, and what we are witnessing now is the culmination of years of covert and overt operations against the Islamic Republic of Iran. We ought to watch this event very closely and study the modus operandi of Ma.We.S.

I just forwarded to Dehai a very astute observation of the recent upheaval in Iran by Patrick Cockbrun, one of the few remaining Western journalists with integrity and objectivity. Incidentally, Patrick is also the brother of Alexander Cockburn, CounterPunch's editor, another good source on the web for alternative and credible news and analysis these days.

While the propagandsitas at CNN and FOX are salivating about Iran's cyber-revolution and imminent collapse, the reality check as per Patrick Cockburn's insightful analysis in the Independent is the more likely scenario that will unfold in the coming week. The Islamic Republic will emerge stronger, and perhaps this attempt at regime change will expose all its internal enemies that it can deal with in one fell swoop, and stand to negotiate with the Western powers from a position of strength. Its nuclear program will proceed with full speed, while it consolidates relations with Russia and China, as well as regional countries -- especially Shia-dominated Iraq, and nuclear power Pakistan, that has been bleeding profusely from US interference. The biggest loser from this failed coup in Tehran will, of course, be the US client regimes in the Middle Ease -- Israel, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Yes, indeed, it's more likely that a major realignment of forces is in the cards for the Middle East. And all this as a result of "Blowback" -- CIA dirty deeds having a boomerang effect and coming back to haunt America in unforeseen ways. Talk about $400 million and years of destabilization efforts going down the drain. The blowback from this one may even be more devastating to long-term US interests than the one from Operation Ajax back in 1953.

Berhan