[DEHAI] (Sowetan, South Africa) Ethiopian man arrested for killing ‘Bin Laden’

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 08:45:25 EDT

http://www.sowetan.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=1140291

Man arrested for chopping up ‘Bin Laden’

AN ETHIOPIAN man accused of killing an Indian national, claiming that the
man reminded him of Al- Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, was arrested in
Hazyview on Saturday.

    Mpumalanga police said the man, 34, had dragged the victim from Hazyview
shopping complex to an open space, where he started chopping him up with a
dagger.

Spokesperson Constable Mpho Koli said: “We received a phone call about the
incident at 2pm. When we arrived on the scene we found the victim dead in a
pool of blood. We also recovered two sharp knives that had been used to kill
him. ”

Koli said the suspect was arrested after hiding in nearby bushes for three
hours. The suspect told police that he killed the victim because he looked
like Osama bin Laden. He said he thought he was killing the Al-Qaeda leader.

The suspect was expected to appear in the White River magistrate’s court
today .

Police were reluctant to divulge the name of the 36- year-old victim because
his relatives had not yet been notified . – Masoka Dube