RE: [DEHAI] "a withdrawal from disputed border areas,"

From: Haile Abraham (haileab99@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 11:35:32 EDT

Selam "Queen Samrawit" and those who are most disturbed because the GoE is not "refuting" the media prostitution about its troop withdrawal from "in Djibouti." First I would advice everyone to read and re-read Yacob Zecharias's eloquent article posted on Dehai-news yesterday. As he pointed out in his article, Eritrea does not have to react to any media nonsense, especially when the media itself, which is controlled by the west, is the main instigator in the first place. This is no secret to anyone and we all know how the media functions. So if one expects Eritrea to refute, rebut or engage in a some sort of media spin, then who is going to run the Warsay-Yikkaalo campaign, huh? However, I do agree in some sense that the GoE could acknowledge, and thank as well, the Qatari leaders for trying to find a peaceful solution between the two neighboring countries. I haven't seen such a note at any GOE official media outlets or haven't heard any GoE official saying something like that. I am even more surprised that VoA is not jumping on the bandwagon yet. Or am I missing something????

Haile A.

Selam Aklilu,

The most disturbing thing is there is not a single word from the Ministry of Information or the Foreign Ministry of Eritrea refuting the assertion that "Eritrean troops have withdrawn from an area they controlled in Djibouti..." . By not responding to this, in essence, Eritrea is admiting that there were indeed Eritrean troops in Jubitian territory. If that is the case, why did the GoE wait until it is too late? I mean, shouldn't this whole mess been sorted out long before UN Resolution 1907?

Simply amazing how the affair of the nation is being conducted!

Samrawit

Now it's a disputed area. There was none since recent months. This news channel is alleging Eritrea was controlling area belongs to Djibouti.

" Qatar said on Monday that Eritrean troops have withdrawn from an area they controlled in Djibouti..."

[dehai-news] (MiddleEastOnline) Qatar mediating Eritrea-Djibouti border dispute

Aklilu