[DEHAI] Asmara Vs Caracas - The landmarks of Gas Price...

From: Haile Abraham (haileab99@msn.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 2010 - 13:39:31 EDT

Hello Dehaiers,

I just came across an article (and a video report) at the MoneyTalk website titled, "Motorist’s Dream: Gas at 6 Cents a Gallon." Normally, I would brush off such a redundant and cyclic news regarding gas price fluctuations, but the article cought my attention when the reporter said, "If the cost of gas bothers you, be happy you don’t live in Asmara, Eritrea. (Never heard of it? Click here to see it on Google Maps.) This African nation boasts the highest gas prices in the world – nearly $10/gallon. On the other hand, you could be living in Venezuela, where prices are as low as 6 cents."

My first impression was "Wow, it a huge gap." But my second and sober impression right now is that may be Eritrea is going green and protecting Mother Nature

Anyway, check the link below..

Haile A.

http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2010/08/19/motorists-dream-gas-at-6-cents-a-gallon/