Re: [DEHAI] Re: [DEHAI] No, you are not ‘running late’, you are rude and selfish

From: hbokure@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 08 2010 - 14:25:13 EST

selam Berhane and Dehayers,

By coincidence I was talking with a lady from Mid Eastern country regarding the failure of keeping an appointment in a society such as ours in which time is less valued. She told me that it is the same habit in her respective country. Years ago, a certain Ferenji who was disappointed with Government officials in Addis Ababa said, " Yabesha QoToro shi nege" meaning the Abyssinians' appointment is thousands tomorrows. As Latinos fond of saying siempre maNana (toujours demain or sempre domani) or in Arabic koul daeman. Such habit colors every aspect of our every day conversation discouraging us to work in collaborative and dependable manner. No wonder, even the highly educated Eritreans are victims of such infanctional behavior, and its impact on our nation building is beyond measure at a time when we are living in a fast moving world. It is to be recalled that I explained in detail in my article entitled " The Gentlemen of Culture" attributed to corporate world.

Haile