Re: [DEHAI] Asmara - one of the highest capital cities in the world (Hasbrouck)

From: Habte-Giorgis, Berhe (habte@rowan.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2010 - 14:03:58 EST

Haile
I appreciate your contribution to Dehai and willingness to share information with everybody. On the recent posting on the Yemen Africa link, I have serious reservations. I just want to make Dehai readers aware of the controversy that exists regarding the origin of and movement of civilization between the Arabian peninsula and our African coastline. The Afro-centric view contends that the origin of civilization is Africa. Some years back, I a Sudanese scholar was conducting research on the direction of movement of civilization in the area. He was studying artifacts and other objects on the Red Sea islands that could provide answers to the puzzle. I will be eager to know if there is any scholarly base for the assertion about the connection between Senafe and Sanaa, Mereb and Marib.

Berhe