Re: [DEHAI] Asmara - one of the highest capital cities in the world (Hasbrouck)

From: hbokure@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 25 2010 - 10:37:16 EST

selam Berhie and Sam,

Thank you for your feedbacks. There is an ecclesiastical or biblical myth as to the original migrants of Israelites (the twelve lost tribes of Israel) to the land of Cush. However, it is not stated clearly in the book of Kings (meTshafe negest). That is why the story of the Queen of Sheba as described in Kibre Negest still lacks credibility among biblical scholars. For there are different historical versions and names associated with the Queen of Sheba. However, the Yemenaite conncection of our ancestry seems to be more factual in the light of Sabain inscriptions and names peculiar to our present day rivers, historical towns and regions. According to Aba Gasparini names such as Me'rib (Mereb river and MaEreba town), BadE (baSE i.e. Massawa), serwa (Seraye), Awa (Adwa), , Qoloye (Qoloye or Qohayto), MeTera (MeTera), Mirara (Mirara). There are other towns in Ethiopia too whose names are derived from this ancient Arabian Felix. For further information please refer to:-

1. Aba Gasparini Ghebremariam (undated). ye 'etiopya tarki. Page 39-43.
2. Michael Hasema Raka(1992). zanta 'rtra (The History of Eritrea).
3. memhr Simon Amanuel Barnabas (2001). 'irtrawnet ( Eritreanism). A History of Colonialism and Resistance.
4. Carlo Conti Rosini (1928). storia d'etiopia.

Sam, thank you for the list of articles you submitted to us. I think I have some, and will review them soon.

Haile