[DEHAI] I am glad I said 'congratulations' to SaleH Meki....

From: Tesfai.Kflu@fredonia.edu
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 16:26:41 EDT

          Last August, SaleH Meki was here in Washington, D.C.,
as a guest Speaker for the yearly Eritrean festival. On the very
evening of the festival, my family and I together with our good
friend Dr. Ghebre Tatios W. Ghiorghis ( wedi Godaif, asmera...a
top notch scientist ) were walking out of the Eritrean Club towards
the Convention Center where the speech was to take place. Incidentally,
Ambassador Girmai & the now late Minister SaleH Meki (sorry to say the late) were on their way to the Eritrean Club ... perhaps for a cup of coffee before the speech. We greeted each other... after a brief chat..& before we let them go, I said to SaleH Meki... 'we are proud of you...congratulations...the Medical School... the Residency Program.... the Connection with George Washington University, are all yours... you worked for them and you made them happen...( among other things...by implication )... I said,...again I say 'congratulations' to you. He smiled and said thank you.... this time it was shortly after he was moved to other assignment... that's what I meant when I said 'they are all yours'...no matter where you are now, your good history is always there.
     I am glad I said that to him when I could say that to him...
God be with him.
Tesfai Kflu