[DEHAI] Condolence

From: hbokure@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 19:47:06 EDT

An active member of the International Association of the Deaf Eritreans who left for Eritrea last Saturday suggested me to prepare a copy of important letter to be handled to Ato Salih Meki. The letter is originally addressed to the Ministry of Education which is responsible for special education of the handicapped including the deaf. As you are probably aware there is no state-owned school for the deaf in Eritrea. For this,? the deaf fellow mentioned Ato? Salih Meki? to enlist his support in our effort to build the first public deaf school in Eritrea. He was? all ears to their despairing pleas during his long time residence in Oakland where some? active deaf members of the Eritrean mass organization live ever since they moved from a refugee camps in the Sudan. That was in the late eighties. It is tragic to hear? such sudden? death at a time when the deaf members are awaiting his response. May a? thousand Salih Meki flourish in Eritrea who left the comfort of the West behind in building our beloved country.

My condolence to his immediate family members.

Haile