[DEHAI] a view from asmara; Oba-mafia's All Bark and No Bite Sanctions

From: Thomas mountain (thomascmountain@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 24 2009 - 06:58:03 EST

Sanctions against Eritirea are nothing new. Un-official sanctions have been used against us for years now. During our worst in memory two year drought in 2003-4 when millions of Eritreans were facing starvation due to crop failure from the drought (a drought that if we are to believe the climate change scaremongers was actually the fault of the western countries pumping the environment full of carbon dioxide) the West placed an un-official sanction against us to deny us food aid. Less than 8% at most of our food needs were supplied by the west, forcing our government to use up almost all the foreign currency reserves Eritrea had to feed our people. The criminals in the western governments wanted to starve us into submission and were fully prepared to stand by and watch millions of Eritreans die to crush our independence.Now that was the type of sanction that really, really hurt. But it didnt work then and there is zero chance it will work now.The present
 "sanctions" have been well exposed by the government. 1) An arms embargo.. Our leadership stated that we have all the arms we need. For the last ten years the government has been making sure that any "sanctions" imposed on us regarding arms would be harmless.2) Restricting travel by our top leadership. While a few cabinet members and other representatives of the government may not be able to travel to western countries, there will always be others who can take their place. Pres. Issias hasnt been to most of the western countries in some ten years now and Libya, Sudan, Qatar etc are highly unlikely to respect this "sanction" since they have pretty much ignored the threats by the ICC against Pres. Bashir of Sudan.3) The last "sanction" is actually pretty funny when you think about it. Freezing personal bank accounts of Issias et al is a joke, for as we all know, such bank accounts outside the country just dont exist. Someone will have to follow up on this
 and find out just what "accounts" have been frozen, though it wouldnt be beyond the CIA etc to create such for propaganda purposes. Eritrea must be the only country in Africa whose president doesnt have an account in a western country stuffed with ill gotten cash.When you stop and think about these latest sanctions, "official" ones, they are all bark and no bite. We have been really hurt by the unofficial sanctions in the past, and those times have been moved past.A great Chinese leader of the 20th Century once said "to be attacked by your enemies is not a bad thing" and our leadership has said the same thing regarding these latest sanctions. If you are doing the right thing then your actions will hurt your enemies, in this case the criminals who govern in the west. Hurting your enemies is not a bad thing but a good thing. And when you do so, you are doing your job and should expect a reaction.What is apparent is that the Oba-mafia, Susan Rice and her
 fellow mafiosos are pretty desperate to try and stop all the good things that are happening regarding Eritrea.Our neighbors are all suffering from famine, with millions literally starving to death. Famine and civil war are either taking place or about to break out, with Kenya due to explode during the next "election". In contrast, our leadership is working hard to make sure we all have enough to eat, that clean drinking water is available to all, that our people have access to basic health care and our children to education. The same cannot be said for the rest of Africa and much of the third world. Statistics point out that hunger is even starting to become a serious problem in the USA and Europe now that their economies are collapsing.The one thing that all Eritreans should be reminded from these latest sanctions is that we have only ourselves to depend on. All the tens of thousands of dollars so foolishly donated by Eritreans outside to the
 Oba-mafia and the likes of that sleeze ball Donald Payne, who is noticable by his silence these days now that he is a part of the ruling Oba-mafia, could have done a lot of good if spent providing clean drinking water, or building microdams, schools or medical clinics in our villages. Next time dont be fooled by these wolves in sheep clothing. Support your country, not criminal politicians in the west. Your hard earned dollars only went to those who want to force us to kneel down and beg for food at the feet of the Oba-mafia, and that we will NEVER do.awet n'hafash!Selam and rain for Eritrea,Thomas C. MountainAsmara, Eritrea