[DEHAI] Unsettling attitude behind the sanction

From: Aklilu (aklilu_w_1998@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 31 2009 - 11:35:14 EST

Dear tidehaity and silent members,

In much heated conversation regarding the illegal and unethical sanctions against Eritrea, there is wide degree of variety of  public understanding of what the sanction is and what it is not.   The current sanction as it’s known, isn’t much of a sanction.  The concerning aspect of the sanction is rather what is the unknown. The sanction is to my understanding, an open-ended.  This resolution is sugar coated and crafted carefully to minimize public out-cry.   The justification for the sanction remains an instrument  to intimidate and to challenge the right to sovereign nation.

I think this is the “ new”  world order conceived during the carter administration under  the “ carter doctrine”.   it has been in practice under different context while the doctrine remained essentially the same.  what’s not clear is however, whose national interest is at stake for Eritrea to be scapegoated  ?   This open -ended  sanction could extend itself uncontrolled endlessly (I may be entertaining the worst)

Reading certain web sites, it pains one to read irresponsible comments disconcerted with public interest and a nation  paid dearly to get where it is now.   Opposing this reckless act by the security council should not be a matter of politics for Eritreans as well as any peace loving  society of our globe.  It has to do with once dignity, respect for human dignity and freedom of once choice.  It’s unacceptable to any self respecting person to let this pass unchecked.

Why the security council chooses to stay mute demarcating the boarder with Ethiopia for 8 years while so quick waving the stick on matters don’t exist and irrelevant at best ?  Not a new revelation but quite a telling of the sort of  attitude we are subjected to.   The UN security council nor any other power  have the right to override the right of  others to existence.

With out delay, Eritreans from all walk of life and Friends of Eritrea should echo their voice in unison.

Eritrea is getting ready to celebrate the Nativity of Jesus in January 7th, Happy Holiday  to all ! for those celebrating the Gregorian new year: Happy new year !

Aklilu  W