Ecadforum.com: 1984 Great Ethiopian Famine: TPLF Still Licensed to Steal-Remembering the Great Ethiopia Famine of 1984 (Part II)

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 20:40:34 +0100

1984 Great Ethiopian Famine: TPLF Still Licensed to Steal

Remembering the Great Ethiopia Famine of 1984 (Part II)

by Alemayehu G. Mariam*

November 3, 2014

In my commentary last week,
<http://open.salon.com/blog/almariam/2014/10/24/the_great_ethiopian_famine_o
f_1984_remembered> (Remembering the Great Ethiopia Famine of 1984, Part I),
I reviewed various commentaries I had written over the years challenging the
fabricated and false claims of the Tigrean Peoples Liberation Front (TPLF)
and its late leader Meles Zenawi that there has been no famine in Ethiopia
since they took power in 1991. I argued that Meles & Co., in a silent
conspiracy of semantics and word games with the international donors and
loaners, have managed to successfully conceal the existence of famine
ravaging various parts of Ethiopia for over two decades. I concluded that
famine in Ethiopia sugarcoated with fancy words and phrases is still

Read it in PDF attachment below:

Berhane