​(Ghanamma) Russia Seeks To Raise Its Profile In Africa

From: Biniam Tekle <biniamt_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 08:38:33 -0500

http://www.ghanamma.com/russia-seeks-to-raise-its-profile-in-africa/​

​​
Russia Seeks To Raise Its Profile In Africa

President Vladimir Putin received the letters of credence of 15 new foreign
ambassadors to Russia in a ceremony at the Grand Kremlin Palace’s Alexander
Hall on November 19 in Moscow.

Putin received letters of credence from the new ambassadors of Djibouti,
the Central African Republic, Eritrea, Poland, the Democratic People’s
Republic of Korea, Ghana, Vietnam, the United States of America, Zambia,
Turkey, Tanzania, Hungary, Peru, Nicaragua and Uzbekistan.

In particular, Putin noted that Russia was interested in developing ties
with the Republic of Djibouti and is open to cooperation in international
affairs and building up contacts in economic and other areas in the
interest of strengthening peace and stability on the Horn of Africa.

He said that Russia valued friendly relations with the Central African
Republic. “Together with the international community we will continue to
assist the transitional government’s efforts to reach political and
inter-faith harmony and normalize the difficult humanitarian situation,” he
pointed out in his speech.

With regards to Eritrea, he said: “we are building up our relations with
Eritrea. We share similar approaches towards current issues on the
international and regional agendas and seek to develop our trade and
economic ties.”

Talking about Ghana, he said that Russia’s relations with the Republic of
Ghana would continue to develop in traditionally constructive spirit. “We
want to continue our coordinated work in the UN and other international
forums. We will continue to help in training professionals for various
sectors of Ghana’s economy,” he pointed out at the ceremony.

Zambia is always on the economic agenda. Russia marked the 50th anniversary
of diplomatic relations with the Republic of Zambia. The president said
that Russia would seek to continue developing bilateral cooperation,
including our traditional assistance in training professionals for your
country and will continue to coordinate positions on the regional and
international agenda.

Russia wants to develop traditionally friendly ties with Tanzania,
strengthen cooperation on the international stage, and expand trade and
economic relations. Russia welcomes Tanzania’s active role in resolving the
African continent’s problems.

Russian authorities pledged to help and offer necessary assistance and from
that of ministries, agencies and the broader Russian civic society and
business community to all foreign embassies in pursuit of their assignment
in the Russian Federation.