Mining Review: Danakali appoints Global Potash Solutions to Colluli optimisation team

From: Semere Asmelash <semereasmelash_at_ymail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 19:41:53 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.miningreview.com/news/danakali-appoints-global-potash-solutions-colluli-optimisation-team/

Danakali appoints Global Potash Solutions to Colluli optimisation team

ASX-listed Danakali has appointed Global Potash Solutions to join the front end engineering design (FEED) and optimisation team for the Colluli potash project.

This latest announcements follows the recent appointment by Danakali of multi-national engineering and construction firm, Fluor, as the lead on the FEED and optimisation process for Colluli.

Global Potash Solutions will work closely with the Fluor process engineering team on process optimisation, equipment selection and commissioning procedures.

Global Potash Solutions oversaw the metallurgical test programme, process flowsheet development and initial optimisation work for the Colluli potash project throughout the prefeasibility and definitive feasibility study phases of the project.

The initial process optimisation work resulted in a reduction in process water requirements of over 70% between the prefeasilibity and definitive feasibility phases.

Global Potash Solutions provides services in potash process plant design, independent technical due diligence, hazard and operability studies, piping and instrumentation diagram reviews, auditing of construction, and commissioning and start-up and has extensive technical and operational experience in the global potash industry.

The compnany has supported projects in the US, Canada, South America, Middle East, North Africa and Australia, having provided expertise and technical support to Arab Potash Corporation, Potash Corp., BHP Billiton, and Karnalyte Resources, and completed third party due diligence on potash projects for a number of engineering firms.

Danakali MD Paul Donaldson said: “We are delighted to continue our working relationship with Global Potash Solutions and look forward to their continued contribution to the technical and operational elements of the project. Their extensive technical knowledge and operational experience has been of immense value to the project to date, and we look forward building on this as we advance to construction.”

Global Potash Solutions CEO Don Larmour said: “Our involvement in the project throughout the prefeasibility and definitive feasibility study phases, has given us an excellent understanding of the Colluli project, and we believe we can make a considerable contribution to the optimisation of the process design.

“We are very pleased to be able to continue our long-term contribution to the Colluli potash project, as we believe this project has very high potential, given its simplicity, ideal combination of potassium salts and the capability of the teams we have worked with.”

---

Global Potash Solutions joins front end engineering design and optimisation team for Colluli project

Monday, 16 January 2017

PDF

http://www.danakali.com.au/images/stories/axs-announcements/2017/Global_potash_solutions.pdf