[dehai-news] A victory against internet censorship. But the fight continues.

From: Araia G. Ephrem <agephrem_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 11:24:14 -0800 (PST)

A victory against internet censorship. But the fight continues.

LINK: http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/sopa_victory/index2.html?r=745780&id=33772-4977966-vPQw6ox

On Wednesday, with the Senate poised to vote on legislation that would end the internet as we know it, CREDO joined hundreds of other organizations in a one-day strike and day of action against internet censorship. The results have been amazing. After the national day of action, 71 members of Congress came out in opposition to this legislation.

And Friday morning, in a victory for those millions of anti-censorship activists, leaders in the Senate and House of Representatives announced that they were pushing back the votes on the Protect IP Act and its companion bill, SOPA.