[dehai-news] Nevsun.com: 2012 Press Releases-Nevsun Appoints New Director and Announces 2011 Results Release Date

From: Berhane Habtemariam <Berhane.Habtemariam_at_gmx.de_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 19:35:58 +0100

2012 Press Releases

Nevsun Appoints New Director and Announces 2011 Results Release Date

March 18, 2012

 <http://www.nevsun.com/> Nevsun Resources Ltd. (TSX: NSU / NYSE Amex: NSU,
the "Company") is pleased to announce the appointment of Anthony ("Tony")
Ferguson as an independent director, bringing the number of directors of the
Company to six.

After retiring in February 2012, from a 25-year investment banking career in
Australia, Asia and Canada, most recently with Macquarie Capital as Senior
Managing Director and Chairman of Global Natural Resources for six years,
Mr. Ferguson brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in Finance as well
as Geotechnical, Civil and Mining Engineering. Currently resident in
Australia, he has held executive roles with N.M. Rothschild & Sons,
Macquarie Bank and UBS London after having achieved an MBA with high
distinction from IMI Geneva, Switzerland, and a Bachelor of Engineering
(Honours) from the University of Sydney. Mr. Ferguson is Chairman of the
Australian-based industrial energy saving business Volterra Technologies.

 "On behalf of the board, we are very pleased to welcome Tony, who we
believe will add valuable strength to our board through his extensive
international banking experience, as the Company grows over the next few
years", commented Cliff Davis, President and CEO.

Mr. Ferguson was recommended to the board by the Company's Corporate
Governance and Nominating Committee, after an extensive search and
interviewing process involving several potential candidates.

2011 Annual Financial Results Release Date

The Company also advises that 2011 results will be released March 21 after
close of trading with a conference call following on Thursday March 22.

Forward Looking Statements: The above contains statements regarding positive
drill results and anticipated resource and reserve statement.
Forward-looking statements are frequently, but not always, identified by
words such as "expects," "anticipates," "believes," "intends," "estimated,"
"potential," "likely" and similar expressions, or statements that events,
conditions or results "will," "may," "could" or "should" occur or be
achieved. Forward-looking statements are statements about the future and are
inherently uncertain, and actual achievements of the Company or other future
events or conditions may differ materially from those reflected in the
forward-looking statements due to a variety of risks, uncertainties and
other factors, including, without limitation, those described in the
Management Discussion and Analysis of the Company. The Company's
forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs, expectations and
opinions of management on the date the statements are made and the Company
assumes no obligation to update such forward-looking statements in the
future. For the reasons set forth above, investors should not place undue
reliance on forward-looking statements.

NEVSUN RESOURCES LTD.
Cliff T. Davis
President & Chief Executive Officer

Kin Communications
Tel: 604 684 6730
Toll free 1 866 684 6730
Email: <mailto:ir_at_kincommunications.com> ir_at_kincommunications.com
Website: <http://www.nevsun.com/> www.nevsun.com