[dehai-news] On March, 2012 Shannon participated in the Canadian Junior National championship representing Eritrea, completed the Race successfully with a satisfying results.

From: samuel Igbu <ypfdjbc_at_gmail.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:02:56 -0700

-- 15 years old Eritrean-Canadian downhill ski racer, *Shannon Abeda*,
represented Eritrea for the *first time* at the first Winter Youth Olympic
Games <http://www.innsbruck2012.com/en/>in Innsbruck, Austria from the
13th till the 22nd January 2012.

Young Shannon was born and raised in Canada has only been in his native
country Eritrea at the age of six.

Eritreans all over the world are expressing their gratitude towards this
young fellow who single handedly put his country Eritrea on the map of the
first winter Youth Olympic Game competitions.

On January 13, Eritreans rejoined in unison as young Shannon waves the
Eritrean flag during the opening ceremony.

To add to his first Winter Youth Olympic Games, again participated in the
Canadian Junior National Championship represented Eritrea once again.

On march 10th, 2012 he came 18th out of 81 racers and he was only 6.5
seconds behind the first place racer.

We wish young Shannon all the luck in the world as he is striving to make
Eritreans from all walks of life so proud by his rare talent.

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/613.html?sector=AL&competitorid=178338&type=result
Sincerely
*YPFDJ British Columbia Chapter*
 YPFDJ Goal and Purpose

   - Our goal is to build a strong, conscious and patriotic youth movement.

 Our purpose is:

   - To raise the awareness and level of organisation of Eritrean youth to
   serve our nation
   - To reassert the identity, patriotism and unity of Eritrean youth
   - To promote the participation of Eritrean Youth in the national
   reconstruction of Eritrea as well as guarding the sovereignty of Eritrea
   - To enhance the position and influence of Eritrean Youth in their
   respective countries of residence.