[dehai-news] THE EEBC DECISION TEN YEARS LATER AND ETHIOPIA'S ILLEGAL OCCUPATION: To the UNSC ten years of no war no peace

From: Berhe Woldemichael <fwd_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 19:34:03 -0400

THE EEBC DECISION TEN YEARS LATER AND ETHIOPIA'S ILLEGAL OCCUPATION:
TO THE UNSC TEN YEARS OF NO WAR NO PEACE

By Berhe Woldemichael

The UN-Security Council should finally do something that will bring
peace to our region. That why I am strongly urging you to push
Ethiopia to implement the final and binding demarcation decision of
the Eritrea-Ethiopia Boundary Commission (EEBC) without any
preconditions or further delay. Ethiopia's refusal to abide by the
law is the main cause of the entire crisis in the Horn of Africa.
This issue should be addressed now. The Eritrean people, which
suffered seven decades of repeated UN injustices, are being made to
suffer more injustice because you choose to be indifferent. Instead
of putting more and more sanctions against the innocent people of
Eritrea, the UNSC should tell Ethiopia to withdraw from the sovereign
Eritrean Territory and let Demarcation done. That is the only way
forward.

Berhe Woldemichael Cologne / Germany