[dehai-news] THE EEBC DECISION TEN YEARS LATER AND ETHIOPIA'S ILLEGAL OCCUPATION: On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the EEBC decision

From: Haddish Goitom <fwd_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 19:37:46 -0400

THE EEBC DECISION TEN YEARS LATER AND ETHIOPIA'S ILLEGAL OCCUPATION:
ON THE OCCASION OF THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE EEBC DECISION

By Haddish Goitom

April 13th is the 10th anniversary of the first in the EEBC final and
binding delimitation and demarcation Decisions. These decisions have
not been implemented and they seem to have been totally ignored by
the UN Security Council the rest of the world. But as people of
repeated UN injustice we remember this Day too; it will never be
forgotten.

Especially, now after the Ethiopian's recent loud and boisterous
announcements of violations against Eritrea's sovereignty and
territorial integrity which again has been ignored by the Security
Council and the rest of the world. We request to the Security Council
to enforce the international law and the Eritrea Ethiopia Boundary
Commission's (EEBC) final and binding delimitation and demarcation
decisions.

At the same time we denounce the UN sanctions and we will fight to
reverse these unjust and extremely reckless resolutions: 1907(2009)
and 2023 (2011). We call for an immediate lifting of the unjust
Sanctions against Eritrea based on proved lies.

We would also like to declare that we, Diaspora Eritreans contribute -
with joy and pride- the symbolic 2% rehabilitation tax for rebuilding
and improvement of living conditions of our people. We shall never
allow our population to wait for handouts. Our joy also comes from
the fact that, the diligent work of the Eritrean people and the
devotion of the Eritrean government is effectively using our small
contribution towards food security, equitable distribution of
educational opportunity and health services. We in fact believe our
2% is too little to a government that has worked hard to reduce child
morality, improve maternal health, combat HIV, eradicate malaria
polio and ensure environmental sustainability successfully. Our pride
also comes from the fact that the government of Eritrea and the
Eritrean people are rebuilding their country in perfect harmony. Such
constructive actions and engagements should be normally encouraged by
every human being.

Finally we, the Eritrean people, strongly deplore all Security
Council actions against the Eritrean people which are all unjust and
extremely reckless. Therefore we still call for Justice and
Constructive Engagement.

Unity is Strength - We Stand United for our beloved Mother Land Eritrea

Haddish Goitom – Germany