[dehai-news] THE EEBC DECISION TEN YEARS LATER AND ETHIOPIA'S ILLEGAL OCCUPATION: To the UNSC and the Guarantors of Algiers Peace Treaty

From: Zeru Woldeab <fwd_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 20:56:31 -0400

THE EEBC DECISION TEN YEARS LATER AND ETHIOPIA'S ILLEGAL OCCUPATION:

To the UNSC and the Guarantors of Algiers Peace Treaty

By Zeru Woldeab

The UN-Security Council and the Guarantors of the Algiers Peace
Treaty should finally do something that will bring peace to the war
ravaged Horn of Africa. I am strongly urging you to live up to the
legal and moral obligation, and ideals of the UN-Charter. I am
strongly urging you to push Ethiopia to implement the final and
binding demarcation decision of the Eritrea-Ethiopia Boundary
Commission (EEBC) without preconditions or further delay. Ethiopias
refusal to implement this decision is at the heart of the entire
crisis in the Horn of Africa. It is this issue that must be addressed
first and foremost.

The Eritrean population, which suffered several decades of repeated
UN injustices, is being made to suffer more injustice because you
choose to be indifferent. Instead of putting more and more sanctions
against the innocent people of Eritrea, the Security Council and the
Guarantors of the Algiers Peace Treaty should force Ethiopia to
accept the decision, because demarcation is the only way to peace.

Zeru Woldeab

Eifelwall 48