[dehai-news] THE EEBC DECISION TEN YEARS LATER AND ETHIOPIA'S ILLEGAL OCCUPATION: 10th Anniversary Observed with Dismay - Hzbawi Mekete of Chicago Metropolitan Area

From: Mihreteab Gebrehiiwet - Hzbawi Mekete Chicago <fwd_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 00:31:44 -0400

THE EEBC DECISION TEN YEARS LATER AND ETHIOPIA'S ILLEGAL OCCUPATION:
10th Anniversary Observed with Dismay – Hzbawi Mekete of Chicago
Metropolitan Area

13th of April, 2012, marks the 10th anniversary of the EEBC
Delimitation Decision. It has been a sad affair all along to observe
the UN, the EU, the AU and the US willfully relinquishing their
promise to act as guarantors of the Algiers Agreement. They allowed
Ethiopia to renege its pledge and trample on the “final and binding”
decision of EEBC. They permitted Ethiopia to perpetuate its
occupation of sovereign Eritrean territory. They delayed the advent
of peace indefinitely by aiding and abetting Ethiopia’s belligerence
and lawlessness of the highest order. Hence, we observe today as a
day of infamy, betrayal and abdication of responsibility on the part
of the powers that be. However, where there is injustice, there is
struggle. This behooves the Eritrean people to continue fighting for
their right and we know their tenacity will prevail at last!

Awet nHafaS!!

Hzbawi Mekete
Chicago