[dehai-news] (proactiveinvestors.com.au) South Boulder Mines: new high grade potash zone discovered at Colluli in Eritrea

From: Er-News <er_news_at_dehai.org_at_dehai.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 23:21:01 -0400

South Boulder Mines: new high grade potash zone discovered at Colluli
in Eritrea
Monday, April 23, 2012 by John Phillips
South Boulder Mines: new high grade potash zone discovered at Colluli
in Eritrea

eritrea_map_350_4f9490a3ae6e7.jpg

South Boulder Mines (ASX: STB) continues to deliver a positive
newsflow from the Colluli Potash Project in Eritrea, with the latest
instalment a new high grade potash zone.

This discovery comes just a week after the resource almost doubled to
1.08 billion tonnes at 18% KCl for 194 million tonnes of potash, and
bodes well for future resource upgrades.

The combination of the shallow nature of this additional
mineralisation, and the high-grade and strategic location, means it
has strong potential to boost Collulis economics, particularly in the
early phase of the project.

The latest discoveries come from resource extension diamond drilling
in between two existing resource zones at the project, with South
Boulder saying that there is clear potential for potash to be largely
continuous between the existing resources - which will be further
tested.

New discovery highlights include:

- 5.09 metres of high-grade sylvinite from 100.34 metres (within a
total 15.86 metres potash interval);

- 6.12 metres of sylvinite from 68.34 metres, including 2.93 metres
of high-grade sylvinite from 70.17 metres (within a total 16.12
metres potash interval);

- 2.93 metres of high-grade sylvinite from 88.49 metres in between
Area A and B (within a total 13.34 metres potash interval); and

- 2.02 metres of high-grade sylvinite from 53.89 metres in between
Area A and B (within a total 16.17 metres potash interval).

Lorry Hughes, managing director, said the new sylvinite drilling
results show excellent correlation with previous drilling and has the
potential to further improve the economics of the project.

"The new discovery is likely to make a material improvement to the
already-robust Stage 1 production schedule and mining costs of the
worlds first open pit potash mine.

"The shallow depth of the resource is the key difference between
Colluli and other potash resources currently being mined. Most
existing mine production is from depths of greater than 500m and to
depths of up to 1,500m below surface.

"We expect to convert a large portion of our resources to mineable
reserves because we can utilise open pit mining as opposed to low-
conversion underground or solution-mining methods."

Highly attractive pre-tax NPV

An engineering Scoping Study completed in November 2011 demonstrated
a pre-tax NPV of US$1.33 billion with start-up capital costs of US
$0.74 billion.

This study was based on Stage 1 production of 1 million tonne of KCl
annually from the potash mineral cylvite, a zone which represents
only a small part of the overall deposit. The study investigated a
17-year open pit operation and forecast an internal rate of return of
40.6%.

As an indication of the growth potential of Stage 1, the study only
included around 16% of the potash contained within the previous
October 2011 resource estimate.

Studies are currently underway to incorporate additional zones of
potassium minerals to further enhance the overall commercial outcomes.

Proactive Investors is a market leader in the investment news space,
providing ASX "Small and Mid-cap" company news, research reports,
StockTube videos and One2One Investor Forums.