[dehai-news] 21st Independence Day 2012 - Los Angeles

From: Samuel Afewerki <alfredo_ofco_at_yahoo.com_at_dehai.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 11:22:00 -0700 (PDT)

YPFDJ OCLA  21st Independence Day Press Release  On the 19th of May 2012, the Eritrean communities of Los Angeles, Orange County, and Riverside County all came together to celebrate the 21st anniversary of Eritrea’s Independence. The event was held from 9pm to 2am in Inglewood, CA.            The festivities started with a moment of silence for all our martyrs, following the Eritrean National Anthem presented by the younger Eritrean kids from the ages of 4 to 11.This was followed by an introductory dance led by the Eritrean mothers and the youth who were all dressed in traditional clothing. Performing amazing music for such an important night were popular Eritrean artist, Teame, Girmay Ghede and Aron Tadesse.            After, community member Anbessagger read a letter addressing the historical night and what an achievement it is celebrating 21 years of independence. After a brief intermission, YPFDJ OCLA’s very own
 Yohanna Sahle, presented her poem to remind us of who we are as Eritreans.This was followed by the first traditional dance of the night performed by the Orange County Hidri, this one consisting of the Bilen ethnic group and the next being the Saho ethnic group performed by Los Angeles Hidri.Following the two dances, a brief cake ceremony was held and later dancing continued with more great music and fun. The YPFDJ OCLA chapter was the final dance performance of the night, and they presented the Afar ethnic group. The night ended with everyone on the dance floor, which concluded a very successful evening.  Samuel AfewerkiYPFDJ OCLAPublic Relationswww.ypfdjcalifornia.org For Pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/111860960429021522917/Eritrean21stIndependenceDayCelebrationLosAngeles