[dehai-news] Iran seeks promotion of ties with African countries: foreign minister

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 13:47:08 EDT

 WORLD NEWS / IranIran seeks promotion of ties with African countries:
foreign minister
13.09.08
14:04

Iran's foreign minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Saturday that expanding
ties with African countries is one of Iran's major diplomatic approaches,
reported ISNA <http://www.isna.ir/>.

He made the remarks as meeting Eritrean minister of finance Berhane Abrehe
and discussing bilateral issues.

"Leaders of the two countries are determined to boost mutual ties," Mottaki
said as adding more efforts are needed to promote commercial exchanges to a
satisfactory level.

He also introduced Iranian engineering and technical companies and called
for Eritrean side to pave the way for Iran's private companies' presence in
the African country.

Berhane Abrehe for his part said "we believe that Iranian technical services
have high quality and necessary standards for use and we hail such
services."

He also expressed hope the meeting will open doors for more industrial and
economic cooperation.