[dehai-news] (Cyclingweekly, UK) Eritrean cyclist Daniel Teklehaimanot featured in Cycle Sport magazine

From: Biniam Tekle (biniamt@dehai.org)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 20:45:16 EDT

For pictures visit:
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/497750/cycle-sport-magazine-october-2010-issue-out-now.html

"Exclusive interview and photo shoot with Eritrea's Daniel
Teklehaimanot. Teklehaimanot has secured a stagiaire contract with
Cervélo for the rest of the season, and we've gone to Switzerland to
meet a rider who is older than the country he comes from. His journey,
and story, are fascinating."

"Cycle Sport October 2010 issue is on sale in the UK from Wednesday
September 1, and will be available later in the US"

Cycle Sport magazine October 2010 issue out now!
Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Cycle Sport October 2010 issue is available in the UK today, Wednesday
September 1, and it's packed with our usual excellent writing,
fantastic photography and in-depth analysis of professional cycling,
all for £4.25.

With the World Championships coming up in a month, we've got a major
14-page feature looking at the place of the worlds in the cycling
calendar.

"There are three races that have a buzz that no others have,"
two-times Worlds winner Greg LeMond told us. "The Tour de France, the
World Championships and Paris-Roubaix."

The Worlds road race is an anachronism - the one race of the year run
with national teams, and the only race whose victor wears the winner's
jersey for an entire year. The Tour de France winner doesn't get to
wear his yellow jersey at the Tour of Spain, nor the Giro d'Italia
winner his pink jersey, once the race has finished. Only the world
champion wears the rainbow stripes throughout the season.

We have exclusive pictures of Tom Simpson's 1965 world champion's
jersey and medal, we've spoken to the company who make the medals for
the UCI and we've got a rundown of the last 30 winners. We've talked
with Greg LeMond, Abraham Olano and Sean Kelly about the tactics and
secrets of the race. Everything you need to know about the world
championships is here.

Also in the magazine...

Brand new monthly 32-page picture special. We've added 32 pages to
Cycle Sport, and filled them with all the incredible cycling
photography that hits our desks every month. Our Images of cycling
section includes...

Unseen Tour de France. 20 pages of amazing pictures from this year's race.

A Ride with Cancellara. Exclusive and unusual shots taken by our man
Richard Baybutt when we recently joined the time trialling ace on a
ride around his home town.

To complement our investigation into the world championships, we've
interviewed Paolo Bettini, the manager of the all-conquering Italian
national team. The Italians have won three of the last four world
championships, and Bettini explains how the selection process works,
and how to unite a disparate group of egos and characters into a
winning outfit.

Exclusive interview and photoshoot with Matti Breschel, who recently
announced his transfer from Saxo Bank to Rabobank. Before he became a
professional cyclist, Breschel worked as a model - can you tell from
our pictures?

Tejay Van Garderen has set the cycling world alight this year, with an
astonishing third place in the Critérium du Dauphiné, behind Janez
Brajkovic and Alberto Contador, in his debut season. It gets better -
the American is currently sitting in sixth place in his first Grand
Tour, the Vuelta a Espana. We've interviewed Van Garderen, and found
that he's in a serious rush. Is this the next American Grand Tour
winner?

Looking for something to do after the Tour de France? Why not pay a
visit to the Post-Tour Criteriums? We joined Robbie McEwen for two
days in August as he travelled from his home in Brakel to criterium
races in Antwerp, and Naaldwijk, in Holland. Superb race photography
by Luc Claessen and unrivalled access to the riders makes this a
unique feature.

Exclusive interview and photo shoot with Eritrea's Daniel
Teklehaimanot. Teklehaimanot has secured a stagiaire contract with
Cervélo for the rest of the season, and we've gone to Switzerland to
meet a rider who is older than the country he comes from. His journey,
and story, are fascinating.
Cycle Sport October 2010 issue is on sale in the UK from Wednesday
September 1, and will be available later in the US.

Iconic Places visits the Lagos de Covadonga climb in Spain, which
features in this year's Vuelta a Espana. Known as Spain's Alpe d'Huez,
it has been a crucial point in Vueltas past and present - watch it
smash the field on stage 15 this year.

Pro Performance talks to Trek-Livestrong U23 rider Alex Dowsett about
his experience of altitude training, and looks at the latest theories
on how altitude can benefit fitness.

Plus... all our regular features - Graham Watson shares his best
pictures and memories of the Caisse d'Epargne team as it announces its
new sponsor Movistar; Shop Window; Team Issue drools over Jurgen Van
den Broeck's custom-painted Canyon Ultimate CF SLX; Post-Race Banter;
Broomwagon; ProTour licences 2011 - who's going to get Uncle Pat's
Golden Ticket?; Q&A with Tour of Poland winner Dan Martin; Toto; Top
10 riders with facial hair; Who can't buy a race win?; Grand Tour
Triple Trouble for Alberto Contador; Clash of the Month and much, much
more.

That's eight major in-depth features, plus 32 pages of superb
photography, all for £4.25.