Date: Monday, 11 March 2019
The Half Marathon is the second largest running event in France after the Paris Marathon. As with the Paris Marathon, the organizer is the Amaury Sport Organization.
At 9:00 am , tens of thousands of participants were released from Vincennes Castle. After about an hour, the fastest athletes were already at the finish again. The course records of Stanley Biwott (59:44 minutes) and Pauline Njeri (67:55 minutes) were already seven years behind. Long enough to finally improve these services.
Due to the weather top times were excluded. So Hizkel Tewelde (Eritrea) a time of 1:04:20 hours for the victory in front of Derara Hurisa and local hero Florian Carvalho. In the women's race Nancy Jepkosgei Kiprop (Kenya) won with a remarkable time of 1:09:12 just ahead of Lydia Mathati. Kiprop took the half marathon in preparation for their start at the Vienna City Marathon .
1. Hizkel Tewelde - 1:04:20 hours
2. Derara Hurisa - 1:04:48 hours
3. Florian Carvalho - 1:05:47 hours
4. Tesfaye Lencho - 1:05:50 hours
5. Mahiedine Mekhissi Ben Abadd - 1:06:52 hours
1. Nancy Kiprop - 1: 09.12 hours
2. Lydia Mathati - 1:09:25 hours
3. Clemence Calvin - 1:10:15 hours
4. Grace Dunphy - 1:13:47 hours
5. Fadouwa Ledhem - 1:16:47 hours