[dehai-news] (Shabait) President Isaias sends message of congratulations to newly elected US President

From: Yemane Natnael (yemane_natnael@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 13:46:50 EST

President Isaias sends message of congratulations to newly elected US President
Shabait
Nov 5, 2008, 17:14

Asmara, 5 November 2008 – President Isaias Afwerki today send a message of congratulations to the newly elected US President Barack Obama. (See full text of the President’s message below).

His Excellency Barack Obama
President-Elect
The United States of America

Excellency,

It is my utmost pleasure to convey to Your Excellency, and to the people of the United States, my warmest congratulations-on behalf of the people and Government of Eritrea and on my own behalf – for your landslide victory and election as the 44th President of the United States of America.

Let me further avail of this historic occasion to express my ardent hope that US policy in our region will indeed change under Your Excellency’s Presidency to pursue a constructive path to advance the causes of regional peace, justice, and legality.

Accept, Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration.

Isaias Afwerki
President of The State of Eritrea

Asmara, 5 November 2008