[dehai-news] (Mareeg) Somalia: Islamists reveal NATO ships over fishing

From: Yemane Natnael (yemane_natnael@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2008 - 14:34:29 EST

Mareeg Nov 15: The Alshabab Islamic group has publicized that foreign ships continue to make extra fishing on the country’s coasts.

The spokesman of the group Sheikh Moqtar Robow (Abu Mansur) has acknowledged that they (Islamists) were trying to crackdown the pirates but that has been marred by foreign interventions on the coasts.

“We pulled back from our decisions on fighting the pirates when foreign ships have started to transgress on our seas” Robgow told hundreds of people gathered in the town of Merca where his Islamists captured.

He announced that the countries sent warships into Somali coasts have no anti-piracy aims but private interests on the natural resources of Somalia.

Robow’s remarks come as warships from NATO alliance are on the Somali coasts to fight against the pirates those seize the ships for ransom.