[dehai-news] Petros Welday wins Gold at the Footlocker Northeast Regional with 9.5 Seconds lead

From: yohannes debesai (ydebesai@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 30 2008 - 20:02:29 EST

Petros Welday wins Gold at the Footlocker Northeast Regional with 9.5 Seconds lead

Petros, a new EAAA member from Maryland, has won the Footlocker Nationals held in New York on Saturday. This dedicated young runners has been improving his time in the past few months. His relentless efforts has bear fruits on his first major competition and this first place win has easily put him as the top contenders in the Footlocker Nationals to be held in San Diego.

"From the start of the race I felt real comfortable with the pace." said Petros in an email he sent to EAAA.  He added:'About 3k into the race I took the lead and never look back."

Petros Sprinted hard at the end to keep his first place and crossed the finish line with a 9.5 seconds lead to bring home a Gold medal in his first major competition.

EAAA placed Petros under the mentorship of Simon Bairu couple months ago. Petros is a junior High School runner with great potential.

Congratulations to Petros !

Yohannes Debesai
 "EAAA: Aspiring to Uplift Eritrea in Athletics"

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."Mahatma Gandhi
"To accomplish great things, we must not only dream, but act."  Bill Blackman