[dehai-news] (ST - UK) The Red Sea Diving Guide

From: Biniam Haile \(SWE\) (eritrea.lave@comhem.se)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 15:32:07 EDT

The Red Sea Diving Guide

The Red Sea has some of the best diving in the world. It is part of the
Great Rift Valley: a trough running from Israel to some degrees south of
the equator.

This immense crack in the Earth's surface makes for an extremely deep
sea, reaching nearly 3000 m. It also explains small islands like the
Brothers. Steep-sided and far from land, they were probably thrown up by
volcanic actions as the rift opened.

With around 1000 species of fish and 150 species of coral, the Red Sea
is rich in sea life. Water temperatures range from around 15 oC in
January, to around 29 oC in September. The winds are often weakest
during full moon.

The Red Sea borders many countries, and this site mainly features diving
in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. We also have brief descriptions of
diving in the Sudan and Eritrea.

If you want to be notified of updates to the site, along with other
diving news and discussion, please subscribe to our newsletter.

http://www.scubatravel.co.uk/redsea/

http://www.travellingdiver.com/find_your_dive_site.phtml