[dehai-news] VOA: Enough Project on Eritrea/Somalia

From: amirhalay@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 17 2008 - 10:31:15 EST

?Collins Thomas Jensen, policy advisor for Enough Project said, the Bush administration should not make" Strategically significant determination(on Somalia and the region)? that would tie the hands of? the incoming Obama administration from maneuvering diplomatic efforts". His organization opposes intervention force to Somalia and placing Eritrea on the State Dept`s State Sponsors of Terrorism list.When asked how much true is the notion that the African bureau is pushing to place Eritrea in the list, he responded by saying,"I have had it confirmed to me personally by several senior officials ranging from the Defense Department and State Departments to USAID, all of them have told me that the African Bureau is pushing hard for this,and this is the bureau that is led by Jandayi Frazer who we know has a very poor relationship with Isaias".?Listen to the interview in Tuesday`s Tigrigna program.

?http://www.voanews.com/horn/tigrigna_audio.cfm