The ruthless tyrannical TPLF (Tigray People’s Liberation Front) regime which ruled Ethiopians for the last 27 years has backtracked from the front seat of power in Ethiopia in the last 3 months following the peaceful people struggle where many Ethiopians sacrificed their life. TPLF is still alive and kicking in Mekele. This party which is under the control of few elites doesn’t represent the majority of Tigrayan Ethiopians but it trades under their name. TPLF has been synthesising and applying all the anti-unity and divisive poisonous political tactics and policy since its inception in the last 43 years.
This atheist political entity surprisingly sprang out four decades ago from the decent and kind Tigray Ethiopia where the major religions in Ethiopia (Christianity and Islam) set foot in our country. By applying wicked tactic and fake history, it was able to use the Tigrean youth for war purpose against their Ethiopian brothers until it control central power in Addis. The TPLF which assumed power in 1991 has continued anti-unity, divisive, war monger poisonous tricks among Ethiopians to maintain and prolong its brutal regime.
The regime’s brutal atrocities are countless and it is beyond imagination. It is challenge to admit such kind of culprits were born and raised in our country. Many Ethiopians are tortured, imprisoned, killed, displaced, dispossessed and made to flee from their own country by the TPLF dictatorial regime. The regime has created a shadowy organization of its self as EPRDF, in the name of Amhara and Ormoo speaking people who helped it to rule Ethiopia for last 25 years; Since last 2 years many from OPDO (Oromo People Democratic Organization) and some from ANDM (Amhara Nation Democratic Movement) leadership have come to realise the suffering of Ethiopians and joined their peaceful struggle of Ethiopians. Their struggle with-in EPRDF, supported by the mass bear fruits and they are able to come to the front seat of power in Ethiopia though TPLF is still alive and active in Tigray with possession looted billions dollar worth of Ethiopian property, where it is fermenting and organising obstacles against the new progressive leader Dr. Abiy and his team using mercenaries inside Ethiopia through the blessing of criminal old TPLF guards with in the center and periphery regions.
The new progressive leadership under Dr.Abiy and his team has started tangible changes and progressive measures which enlightened many citizens. This good beginning is at risk from progress by the wicked TPLF sabotage from Mekele using its polished money powered inflammation and inciting its age-old poisonous anti-unity tactic. This needs good remedy as it will hinder the progress towards democratic united strong Ethiopia.
This powerful and very rich organisation (TPLF) with all its might be currently dwelling in Mekele where it has been planning and implementing the following wicked anti-Ethiopian measures .
- Dismantling the new emerging relationship between Amharic and Oromifa speaking people and creating animosity through false propaganda, confusion, disinformation and exaggeration of past controversial historical accounts. It has formed an army of thousands of paid mercenaries online in social media (face book, twitter, pal talk, etc) for sole purpose to discredit the new leadership and disrupt the new people relationship. By infiltrating radical Oromo and Amhara political wings and unionist political parties, it ferments animosity by calling “New Neftgna Menelik army is coming on you” to the Oromoiffa speaking people; and also calling against Amhara and unionist “You are to be displaced from Oromo land including Addis Ababa,” “Oromo is to secede from Ethiopia to form a country called Oromia “.
- Using its strong financial power and its advantage in Security apparatus; it is fermenting and waging conflict and war among different ethnicities and religious members in most part of Ethiopia.
- It is overtly and covertly inciting and encouraging those border federal regions to secede from Ethiopia using its old TPLF stooges and criminals who are still ruling the people on those border region.
- They are launching a false and defamatory propaganda against the new leadership.
- They are intimidating, blackmailing the new leadership and influencing their family members to derail them from progressive measures .They are also recruiting young ladies to trick the young leaders to fall to their beauty to embarrass them while they record them in sexual act.
- They are organising and orchestrating car or aeroplane or helicopter accident which the new leadership uses. They pal to tamper the fluid and food ; using wrong medicine or overdose to disable the leaders from their new leadership.
- They are organising and paying mercenaries to shoot and kill the new leadership and their influential supporters.
- They are using foreign media for confusion and propaganda to create a false perception that Dr.Abiy’s government is not able to administer and control the country.
- They are encouraging and financing disgruntled army officers for a coup d’état.
- They are encouraging and financing some political organisation to call for early election or power sharing to unsettle the Dr.Abiy’ administration before it set out democratic institution.
- They are threatening to use Article 39 of the Constitution (secession) for Tigray and encouraging other federal regions to do so.
- They are trying to discourage and create image of weak government by harassing the Federal government involvement in the regional governments where human rights and citizens right are abused as illegal and anti-constitutional.
- They are organising and planning accidents and killing spree on opposition leaders who arrive from Diaspora to create confusion among Ethiopians.
- They are inciting and fermenting animosity among intra ethnic members with in region (e.g Gonder against Gojam; Wello against Shewa,; Wollega against Hararege Oromo; Sidema against Woliyta etc. Their tactic includes organising mobs to incite violence during sport competition. They would attempt inciting violence against neighbouring border countries.
- TPLF’s members and benefiters of the dictatorial regime who live in diasporas would launch demonstration and vigil in the capital cities of great powers ( Washington, Brussels, London etc) to discredit Dr.Abiy’s administration and the Great powers not to support the new leadership.
The new leadership has made bold progressive and tangible measures by releasing political prisoners, inviting banned political parties to operate in Ethiopia, sorting out the division within Orthodox Christian religious fathers and Muslim leaders, allowing state media to cover major events, forming relationship with Eritrea and neighbouring countries, reaching out to Diaspora Ethiopians, installing hope and optimism in the young Ethiopians. This is great beginning and the final goal should be peaceful, democratic country where power to be achieved through genuine election, a country of equal opportunity for all where its children shouldn’t run away but create wealth in their own land where justice prevail.
The new leadership has to be encouraged and supported as there is no other viable alternative at present to achieve this objectives. All those opposition armed forces in every part of the country at present are either they are for secessionist purpose or gain power to create another dictatorship. The unity political force in Ethiopia was demoralized and dissipated by TPLF in its 27 years rule by killing, torturing and imprisoning its leaders and members who have to be fled the country. At present there is no tangible armed opposition force with its objective of uniting and democratizing Ethiopia. The current administration should be supported to clear the path to democratic begining and encourage it for installing democratic infrastructure.
The people, especially the Intellectual and great professionals should support the new progressive leadership to avoid derailment of the democratic progressive direction from those power mongers .
Dr.Abiy, Mr Lemma Megersa and other leadership team’s effort for peaceful unifying and love filled messages and speech are encouraging and should include reconciliation among the victim and perpetrators so that Ethiopians can develop the skill of peaceful negotiation without arms involvement.
There are reactionary groups who self-discharged themselves from this unifying and love full peaceful reconciliation process and they should be accounted as they are at helm of power to derail this change. Although most Ethiopians are starting to get rid off the TPLF regime, our Tigrean Ethiopian brothers are still suffering from TPLF rage and yet not free from this elite opportunist regime which trades under their name.
Most of those culprits from TPLF and its affiliate who massacred people, looted property, imprisoned thousands, displaced millions have to be given 15 days period to apologise to Ethiopian people for their sin and the people decide their fate. Those who refuse this offer should face the full force of justice.
The cash milk of TPLF, EFFORT,(Endowment Fund for Rehabilitation of Tigray) billions worth conglomerate business organisation which was established through blood money is still the main source of finance for TPLF to derail the progressive democratic changes. The Dr. Abiy leadership should dissolve this organization or nationalize it to dry up the illegitimate financial source to TPLF. Allowing more time and opportunity for TPLF culprits is like playing with dangerous snake.
The new leadership, the people and all the opposition political forces have to work together to detoxify the poison buried by TPLF in our country in the last 40 years.